Steakhouse Dinner Menu
Assorted cheese and dried meats platter with grapes
Iceberg Wedge with Blue Cheese Dressing and Bacon
Pan Roasted NY Strip Steak
Smashed and fried Potatoes
French Vanilla Ice Cream With Jack Daniels Caramel Sauce
Cocktail – Vodka Martini
Prep list for a successful and stress free steakhouse dinner party at your home
Day 3 is the day of your party. In order to achieve that stress free and incredibly delicious dinner, follow these easy steps for guaranteed success. We don’t a have recipe for the cheese and sausage platter, but you can easily pick up some of your favorite cheeses, meats and some seedless green or red grapes at your local supermarket. Just slice the ingredients about a half hour before the guests arrive-plate them on a wooden cutting board or a platter with some of the grapes and your guests will have something to nosh on while they have their first cocktail, beer or wine.
- Shop for all of your ingredients. Shopping lists come with each one of our recipes-just print it out and you are ready to head to the store.
Make and the prep the following:
- Dressing for the salad-store in an airtight container in the fridge
- Boil, cool the potatoes-store covered in the fridge once cooled
- Make the ice cream and store in the freezer.
- Make the caramel sauce. Store in an airtight container in the fridge once cool.
The day of your party has arrived and you are in the drivers seat here as you have a minimal amount of work to do and you can actually spend some time with your guests!
- Set your table and chill your wines I needed
2 Hours before guests arrive
- Cut your lettuce into wedges and store covered in the fridge
- Render your bacon and store on a paper towel lined plate on the counter
- Remove the caramel from the fridge
1 Hour before guests arrive
- Make creamed spinach-let cool-and cover on the cooktop until service
- Remove steaks from the fridge
- Make up cheese platter
- Remove boiled potatoes from the fridge and flatten as per recipe. Store on the counter-covered with saran
- Put out cheese platter. Make cocktails, pour wine/beer.
20 minutes before dinner
- Dress the salad wedges with the dressing and the bacon-store in the fridge
- Cook the steaks as per the recipe
- When the steaks go into the oven to roast-start the potato recipe
- Once the steaks come out of the oven-reheat the spinach on a low heat-covered
- As the last of the potatoes are being fried-your steaks will be been rested and the spinach will be reheated
- Plate your food-bring the salads out of the fridge and serve your hungry guests!
Don’t forget to bring the ice cream out of the freezer about 10-15 minutes prior to having dessert!