Grilled Zucchini and Bell Pepper Fattoush
Preparation Time: 20min
Yields: 6 Servings
Total Time: 30min
For the Grill:
- 3 Red Bell Peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered
- 4-5 slender Zucchini, trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 six-inch Pita Bread, cut horizontally
For the Salad:
- 1 English Cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/2 dice
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 3 Green Onions, sliced thinly on the bias
- 1 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted and halved
- 1/2 cup fresh Mint Leaves, cut chiffonade
- 1/3 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 4 oz Feta Cheese, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp. Sumac (if available)
LIGHT, DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY THIS GRILLED VEGGIE FATTOUSH MAKES A GREAT LUNCH. FOR AN QUICK AND EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER JUST ADD SOME SLICED, GRILLED CHICKEN.
Preheat grill to medium high
Lightly coat the pepper and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until slightly charred on all sides. Remove from heat and onto a foil lined baking tray. Carefully grill bread until charred. Transfer onto tray with vegetables. Tear bread into 1” pieces.
Cut peppers and Zucchini into 1/2 inch pieces. Add cucumber, tomato, green onion, olives, mint, cilantro and bread into a large bowl.
Whisk oil, lemon juice and cumin and pour over salad to combine. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed.
If Sumac is available, add 1 tsp. to the vinaigrette.